New to Linux

Chris Norman chris.norman4 at ntlworld.com
Fri Feb 1 16:56:33 EST 2008

Ubuntu is probably the best, that's what I'm using now.

It has a gui, unlike Oralux (as far as I am aware), and yes, they both
support software speech. If you look on:

http://live.gnome.org/Orca

You'll find instructions.

Orca is the name of the screen reader, the FAQ contains a lot of
information.

I believe the howto for getting Ubuntu talking from boot is detailed in
the downloadinstall section.

HTH.