System still locks up on me in Debian

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Wed Dec 31 21:35:35 EST 2008

Probably nothing.
Once the doubletalk buffer fills up, the doubletalk will handshake off and
leave speakup stuck.
I used to get around this by powering the doubletalk off and on to empty the
buffer.
This is a known bug. Once you had too much text the whole thing can lock
solid.
I have no idea if anyone is looking into this bug; most people don't have
speakup compiled into the kernel these days and just either load as modules
and turn speech off or silence at bootup which is not ideal.

Not sure if this is beeing worked on at all and who would debug it.

Regards, Kerry.