system with speakup software already installed?

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Dec 22 18:55:54 EST 2008

Hello,
Yes just add debian repos to the apt source file as you would for
debian. In fact GRML already has debian repos in the apt source file, my
system is using debian unstable repos.

As for how speakup is compiled in GRML I don't know as it is just there
in the standard distro and I haven't needed to concern myself with it (I
am giving the speakup synth information as a boot option). GRML is using
kernel 2.6.26, so if you wish to compile speakup modules then it should
be possible without recompiling the kernel (I don't know what would
happen if speakup is compiled in the kernel and not as modules).

Michael Whapples