newsreading with debian lenny

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Dec 22 10:47:42 EST 2008

I think he needs to set /etc/news/server  to the URL of a newsgroup
server, rather than to his own URL. I recently set up tin in response
to some of the discussions here, and had to set that file to
news.mhcable.com, on the advice of my ISP, mhcable.com. I suggest
trying a similar name, i.e. the word news and a dot in front of your
ISP's name.

Chuck