tracker for distributing a talking ISO via BitTorrent?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Dec 8 05:52:45 EST 2008

Hi,

I would suggest looking into ibiblio.org.  They specialize in Linux
distros among other things.  I know that the Project Gutenberg DVD
images are available through them, or at least I think they host the
torrents.  Also, you should still consider some kind of ftp or web site
for download, such as hosting it on linux-speakup.org if Kirk lets you.
There are many people who can't or won't use torrents for various
reasons.  Other than that, there are various public trackers but most
will have the CAPTIA.  You could try thepiratebay.org which I think is
open, meaning that I don't think you have to register to use them.
Other than that, I know that trackers aren't that difficult to run if
you have enough bandwidth and a dedicated server.  I would just ask on
the various open source lists and sites to see if anyone would host it
for you, maybe even the developers of the distro that you're working
on.  You could try irc.freenode.net as well since many open source
people hang out there.

If you find such a public tracker, I would also be interested as I'm
trying to get a fairly large archive distributed that way also, but not
related to Linux.  I realize that this isn't much of an answer, but I
would think that http://ibiblio.org/ would be your best bet.