starting espeak, or festival in fc8

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 2 05:27:35 EST 2008

You'll need to use speech-dispatcher (speechd-up), or espeak (with
espeakup). I've used both, and currently use espeakup... Just check it
out from
git://hubbs.homedns.org/espeakup.git

Then, read the README file...
In a start up script just add a line like
/usr/bin/espeakup
To start it at boot time... Oh and you have to start the speakup_soft
module of course...

The other option speechd-up uses the speakup_soft module, but you just need to
make sure speechd-up and speech-dispatcher can start at boot
up... Google for speechd-up, and read the readme... Speech-dispatcher
should be in your package manager... Then just edit the configs...

I'm currently writing up a page for my website on this topic; hoping I
can upload it by Friday afternoon my time, if successful I'll post a
link, and I also have got a kernel image up.

Hope this helps a little, and if you can wait a few days then better
documentation will be available...

Have a good one...

Danny