debian installation iso broken

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Tue Aug 19 22:45:58 EDT 2008

Hi, I was trying to install debian using the iso image at
people.debian.org/~shane and when I do the installation I can get to the
very end of it but it looks like something in the iso is either broken or
out dated as the boot loader does install but it will not boot any kernel
and yes I did set the speakup version in the base system when asked for a
kernel choice.  I was also using fedora 9 but it looks like the driver for
the dectalk express is still broken in that installer as I can't use the
number pad for reviewing the screen as I can in the debian and other speakup
systems.  I did try reburning the iso with the same result.  Does the latest
version of gentoo still not include speakup or did they fix this issue?