mlb, nfl and iceweasel

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Sat Aug 16 22:59:23 EDT 2008

Not sure what the status is with realplayer on linux these days, but I
used to listen to games with NFL Field Pass and they used to mute the
audio during the commercials. This was really annoying because you could
miss some of the game if you lose the connection during the silence and
aren't aware of it in time to reestablish the connection before the game
resumes. Worse yet, occasionally they would be late in unmuting the sound
and you would miss part of the game. This happened to me more than once
during the final minute of the game when a team was driving down the
field!

This was a few years ago, so maybe it has gotten better since then. I
listen to the games on Sirius now and don't have any problems. You still
have the option of listening online with Sirius, but I've never actually
tried it, so I don't know how accessible it is.