Ot: using kernel-based virtual machine to run Windows XP

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Aug 14 06:14:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

You can also install XP this way with VMWare Fusion for the Mac. You
probably know this already but automatic installation only works on XP
Pro. If you're running Home, you're out of luck. Also, you still have to
manually enter the product code from the CD, or at least I did when I
installed. There were still some points where I needed sighted help to
click on something or move to the next dialogue etc. When XP starts for
the first time, you get no audible feedback at all, so you would need
help there also until sound is working.