fedora 9 and software speech

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Aug 11 13:19:41 EDT 2008

Hello, Don:

1.)	Did you copy over the spk-connect-ttsynth file? If not, you're
missing the connector between TTSynth and Speakup.

2.)	Suggest you upgrade to the latest Speakup Modified kernel. Once
installed, edit /boot/grub/grub.conf to make sure your kernel statement
ends with something like:

speakup.synth=soft speakup.quiet=1

Janina