Software Speech

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Aug 11 12:52:33 EDT 2008

Robert,

There is a package containing two scripts, speakwith and talkwith, that
permits you to change among supported synthesizers on the fly. They are
identical except that when you type

speakwith soft

you switch to the speech-dispatcher driver, and when you type

talkwith soft

you switch to the espeakup driver. This last script will do what you
want. To switch back again, type

talkwith synthname

giving it the correct synthname you wish to switch to.

The package should be in the contrib section of the git material if you
used git-clone, or you can download it from my web page, address below.

Chuck