Debian Questions

luke speakup at lists.tacticus.com
Tue Aug 5 00:41:27 EDT 2008

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Robert Spangler, le Sun 03 Aug 2008 12:04:55 -0400, a écrit :
>
> > I think the issue is that, by
> > default, when hitting tab at the boot screen and inputting Speakup
> > parameters, I don't get the expert installation which is why all of
> > these options are chosen for me?
>
> IIRC even in expert installation mode debian doesn't let you choose
> between grub and lilo.

I don't know about current versions, but in Sarge at least, if you booted
with "debconf_priority=low", you could select lilo instead of grub.  In
fact, I think if you changed the debconf priority via the main menu, you
could choose to configure lilo as well, and you could probably wait until
near the end of the configuration process to do that--some time after the
base system was installed.

however, that may not be the way it is any more--the above is purely
historical.

Regards,

Luke