Speakup source?

Al Sten-Clanton Albert.E.Sten_Clanton at verizon.net
Sun Aug 3 16:22:00 EDT 2008

Greetings!

I'm trying to install Linux from Scratch, and would like to know from where
I can download the latest version/patch of Speakup.  I found my way to what
I believe is the correct git repository, but so fare google has not shown me
a place from which simply to bring down the relevant source.  Since the LFS
live CD doesn't seem to have git (or maybe it's just that I know not what
I['m doing), I'm hoping I can download the Speakup source the way I
downloaded much of what the LFS folks instruct one to download.

Is this something I can do?  I'll be grateful for any pointers to the right
place, or to the best course of action.  Thanks!

Al Sten-Clanton