Scrollback and DEC-Talk Express

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Sun Aug 3 06:45:50 EDT 2008

Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Could you pull the git?  I think I have found an issue with the way we
> read XON/XOFF, which may very well explain the synth overflow.

Hi Samuel,

I don't mean to be stupid, but are you saying that you want me to do a
git-pull and recompile the modules?  If so, I can do that.  I've
actually noticed that the problem is worse than I thought.  My kernel
built after the April pull (I think April 14 but I'm not positive on
this) stops speaking after about 4 KB of text.  The 20080517 Debian
modules also stop after the same amount of text.  The new Debian
20080724 modules stop speaking after about 1 to 1.5 KB of text.  It's
now at the point where I can't even read a 1500 byte email message with
full headers.  Even README files that I could read completely before now
stop speaking after about a screen full of text.  The computer on which
I have the synthesizer and am doing my tests doesn't have the git
repository so I'll have to clone from scratch, but I'll try it if it
fixes the problem.