speech-dup requires speakup-3.0.2 on Gentoo

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Fri Apr 25 17:18:21 EDT 2008

Probably isn't considered as a bug, you would want speakup to use
speechd-up. The problem is that you have decided to maintain speakup
yourself without telling portage that you are going to do this.
Unfortunately I haven't used gentoo for some time, so can't remember the
way to do this or couldn't even be sure that it would be the same after
such a length of time. The documentation on portage should give this
information, it did back when I used gentoo.

Michael Whapples