speakup on ppc?

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Thu Apr 24 01:59:55 EDT 2008

I have no problem with trying to work on a speakup-enabled ppc kernel. My
only problem is that my system boots with yaboot, which isn't accessible in
the sense that I can't tell when it loads. that's not ordinarily a big
problem; the problem is that if i have a regular kernel and an experimental
kernel that's speakup-enabled, I don't think I'm going to be able to tell
when grub loads so I can arrow down to the kernel I want. I could just keep
changing the default kernel in menu.lst but if I ever get stuck in a
non-loading kernel I might not be able to get back to the menu.lst file to
change the default back. If I can solve this problem, I might consider
working on a speakup kernel compile.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,