Speakup Web Site

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Apr 22 10:01:59 EDT 2008

Keeping the information up to date is crucial here.  I think I like
the wiki idea once people learn how to use it, it might be a lot
easier to keep stuff current.  I also agree that a snapshot should be
made available frequently.  With so many distros not including a
speakup-patched kernel, this may be the next best alternative and if
somebody has to go to git to pull down an experimental version of
speakup, it could be a real turn-off.  Again, many new-comers probably
haven't a clue about compiling kernels yet and they want a talking
Linux to try out.

I think Bill Acker has done a commendable job at keeping up with the
speakup-modified kernels for the Fedora distributions.  I also commend
Pat and the Slackware folks for keeping speakup in their kernels
also.  Since I'm a Slackware user, I should keep more involved with
them to be sure it stays that way.