Speakup and Linux 2.6.24 - Almost Got It Working

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Apr 15 15:10:36 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:16:55AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Then use both the lite-talk and the soft driver, yes, and hot-switch to
> the soft driver from rc.local.
:End-Quote:

	Thank you.  It'll probably have to wait until I compile a newer
kernel.  I just managed to find the correct git package to	apt-get
and tried using it to get the latest SpeakUP, which didn't work because
I hadn't downloaded the latest kernel source yet.  Now I think I'll
start all over again and make sure I have a symbolic link pointing to
the correct directory. <grins>  Once I get that accomplished, I have to
reaquaint myself with Debian's  tweaks on kernel compilation methods and
try to install it without destroying what already works.  Slowly but
surely I'm getting there, and hope to have something newer than Shane's
2.6.18 Etch kernel.  Debian Lenny isn't up to SpeakUP snuff as yet,
really hate compiling the CIA's SE-Linux kernel, and I haven't even
figured out how to access my thumb-drives or get samba working so I can
share files from Windows.  I'm hoping Lenny is released with a SpeakUP
kernel when it finally goes stable, because I'm still nowhere near
playing on the bleeding edge like they're doing in the Orca group.
Breaking SpeakUP will probably mean having to do yet another full
reinstall from Etch.

			Michael
			:wq