Speakup and Linux 2.6.24 - Almost Got It Working

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Apr 15 06:44:51 EDT 2008

Does your keyboard work if you don't have speakup installed.  You can
check this by logging in upon boot and then hitting a control-g to get
the system to beep.  That is unless you don't have a speaker
installed.  You should be able to do that without speech.  You could
also compile speakup as modules as a test and try loading it from the
command line after logging in and running the beep test.  I just want
to establish whether you are having a speakup problem or not.  If it
patched correctly I can't think why it would be behaving like this.

phone: (519) 661-3061