new speakupconf

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Apr 14 15:09:45 EDT 2008

Hello folks: Thanks to Bill Acker you now have a speakupconf script
you can use for saving and restoring speakup variables for the
/sys/module/speakup/parameters directory.

It appears we didn't have this script there before so for now I've put
it in the goodies directory which should be available at
ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/linux/goodies.

While looking to see if we had in fact had the script on the site
before I realized how old and out of date the site is and wondered if
anyone or more would be interested in revamping the site and bring it
up to date or even redesign it.  If you are interested in working on
the site or ftp area you can either contact me through mail or contact
me on the #speakup channel on irc.freenode.net where we hang out most
of the time.

We also have a speakup 3.0.2 tarball which needs to be incorporated in
the site and could use some help rewriting and bringing documentation
up to date.

phone: (519) 661-3061