software synths

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 26 17:59:35 EDT 2007

The version of speechd-up on my web site is 0.5.

If you have a working sound card and a 2.6.21 or earlier kernel and follow
the instructions on my web site, your machine should just start talking.

The speechd-up binary should still work with a 2.6.22 kernel but the init
script won't work. I'll have to fix that but first I'll have to figure out
how to get speakup working with a 2.6.22 kernel myself.