Fedora CD Problems

Daniel C dlchavez at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 25 09:13:19 EDT 2007

I insert the 1st install CD and reboot, and nothing happens. The bios are
configured to boot from the CD drive already.
According to the site I'd need either a boot CD, a rescue image or the first
install disk. So I do not see how creating a floppy from an iso would work.
In fact, the ISO for the boot CD wouldn't copy to the CD at all.
Also, it says nothing in regards to booting from floppy disk anymore. As
quoted from the docs found on speakupmodified.org:
Booting the Installation
At long last you are ready to begin installing the Speakup Modified Fedora
distribution. Start a text-based installation with speech by booting your
bootable
flash media device or the CD ROM you created from the boot.iso or rescue CD
image, or by booting the first installation CD ROM disk.
NOTE:If booting the first installation CD ROM doesn't work for you, as it
currently doesn't in some circumstances, you'll need to create a boot disk
as described in Downloading Required Files.
SO in otherwords, I was right in attempting to make a boot CD and the rescue
CD. However, neither method worked.
The creation of the boot CD failed, as nothing was ever copied to the CD,
and the rescue image, it created, I think, I cannot say for sure as the CD-R
can no longer be read now.

The End Result
I have Fedora 7 sitting on my server box, unable to be installed. I've
wasted valuable time that I could have used elseware, perhaps installing a
Fedora that actually works?
I've spent a month trying to get the Fedora images downloaded from
http://speakupmodified.org to work but without luck. I am fresh out of
ideas, and am not to happy right now.
If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know. P.S: To test my therey of
CD-rom firstboot, I booted from a Fedora3 CD I had and it boots just fine.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:02 AM