Listening to Daisy Books

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Sep 17 00:43:01 EDT 2007

Hey, I've been wondering lately, does anyone on the list here read any
books in the Daisy format under the Linux platform? If so, what player
are you using? I've tried listen-up, iduna, and daisyconsole all with
failing results.  either I get seg faults all over the place or the
player just sits there and does nothing.  I like the looks of
listen-up the best but it hasn't played a single book I've tried it
with.  I'm mainly dealing with the 2.02 format with audio files and
some books I've created using dtbmaker perl scripts.  I took a look at
the daisy player in emacspeak but that apparently only works with
bookshare books but I didn't have much luck with it either on one book
I tried on it.

Any ideas? Thanks.
--
HolmesGrown Solutions