ot: the best online computer parts store?

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Fri Sep 14 21:34:52 EDT 2007

I wasted a LOT of time not even overclocking, but just trying
to get a 1GB DDR RAM running at the speed advertised as
supported by my motherboard. In the process, I learned what
happens when the clocks, either bus or cpu, are set too high.
The system becomes unstable. It will crash. I  really don't
recommend overclocking, unless it's a small tweak, or just for
fun. So I would agree, if you need a faster machine, better to
get a faster processor. Don't buy a slower processor with
the expectation that you'll make it faster and save money.
It is really not worth the hassle.

  -- Doug