ot: the best online computer parts store?

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Wed Sep 12 15:26:34 EDT 2007

Well, since we're into local stores, there is krex computers in Morton
Grove Illinois, which is northern suburbs of Chicago:

http://www.krex.com

They sell locally, as well as being an online store, and as far as I
know, you pay the same price when you pick stuff up directly, as you
do when buying online, the difference being shipping costs of
course. They were very good when I built my first pc with all parts
from them about 7 years ago, but they've dropped in competitiveness
since than in terms of pricing.

There is also frys electronics:

http://www.outpost.com

or

http://www.frys.com

which is a chain of stores in the western U.S., though I believe they
have the most locations in Arizona, as opposed to other states. They
are an online store as well. Their prices are good, and their
selection isn't bad either. However, they are good if you're only
upgrading a pc, if you're building one from scratch, then you won't be
able to buy all the parts you need for that at frys. Also, the
prices, and selection in some cases, differ between the retail stores,
and the online store.

Greg