ot: the best online computer parts store?

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 12 14:12:19 EDT 2007

From: "Doug Smith" <dougsmith1 at charter.net>
To: "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux." <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: ot: the best online computer parts store?

> do not shop on line, and I don't recommend it to anyone.

Why not? Security?

>What I do
> if I need something is just to go to Circuit City or Radio Shack and
> pick it up.  If you have transportation, this is definitely the best
> way to go.

It depends on what you want. Are you going to buy a motherboard at CC?  How
are you going to pick the one with the right features? Are you counting on
help from a salesperson or a friend? What if they don't have one with the
right features? And you know you'll  pay a lot more for it at CC than you
would at newegg.