ot: the best online computer parts store?

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Tue Sep 11 15:25:53 EDT 2007

Online computer parts stores...so many, indeed!  I have used several
of them through the years.  Here are some I have used recently:

www.pcliquidator.com

I especially like the prices on ethernet cables at PC Liquidator.
They also sell used and/or older parts and systems.  I was not able to
complete my most recent order from this place with lynx (the cat) or
links (the chain), but I was able to get through their check out
process with elinks.

www.pacificgeek.com

Pacific Geek sells a variety of parts, systems, and other assorted
goodies.  I have been able to get through their order process with
links (the chain).

www.tigerdirect.com

Tiger Direct seems to have a huge inventory.  I do not recall which
browser I used for my last order with them (it has been a while).
They have some pretty good sales in their email list and on their web
site.  They seem to sell the whole spectrum of computer components and
other stuff--from the higher quality stuff down to the low quality
junk that should probably not be on the market.  If you have some idea
of what you are looking for, their place might be a good lace to
look.  Otherwise, just browsing around there can take a long time
because there is so much stuff to check out.

www.newegg.com

New Egg seems to have all of the latest computer components anyone
could want and more.  I recently built a computer system with mostly
parts from their site.  I like the way their menu choices really help
narrow down the available options--seems to actually be some
intelligence there.  I was forced to revert to MSIE on a Windows box
to access their site though.

www.directron.com

I recently purchased a computer case from Directron.  Their text
descriptions were good enough for me to make a good choice (unlike
some other sites which seem to let the pictures do the describing).  I
had someone else confirm the way the case looked in the pictures and
go through the check out process, so I do not know which of the
browsers I have might have worked.

There are so many sites out there to choose from.  If you do not like
one, try another--you will probably find one which suits your needs if
you look around enough.

HTH, and have a great day.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 05:35:37PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Hi all,
> There are so many these days, I am wondering if folks have a favorite for
> good prices and selection?
> Thanks,
> Karen

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
...passing through The City of Internet at the speed of light...
SECANT (x) = TAN (x) / COTAN (x)