Problem while getting Speech dispatcher working.

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Sun Sep 9 14:42:53 EDT 2007

Be sure you have the package festival-freebsoft-utils installed. It is
the link that ties speech-dispatcher to festival. Then you have to
specify your localhost by one name or another as authorized to access
the festival server. Only when all that happens can speech-dispatcher
communicate with festival.

And make sure you have a directory called /var/log/speech-dispatcher in
which all your logs will be placed. Those logs are very valuable
sources of information when something goes wrong.