How do you install Speakup for Ubuntu?

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 04:52:10 EDT 2007

On 29/10/2007 11:43 PM, Chris Norman wrote:
> It's alt f2, and there's the part of the boot process where you can
> start orca when logged in.

Actually I found I had to start it through the  boot. Otherwise it just
took me through the orca setup when ever I did alt f2 and rebooted.

To start orca automatically when it logs in do the following when booting:
1. turn on your computer with the disk inserted.
2. Wait until the drive stops spinning.
There is a 30 second timer here. If you don't press anything it will
keep booting. (That's what a quick google reckons)
3. Hit f5. This brings up the accessibility menu.
Press 3 to select screenreader (orca) and enter twice.
Now wait.
BTW Maybe this was my question. Oops oh well hopefully that helps someone.
I got this info from google...

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/