How do you install Speakup for Ubuntu?

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 05:19:02 EDT 2007

On 28/10/2007 4:25 AM, Charlie Dorff wrote:
> I recently installed Ubuntu on my computer and I'm using Orca screen reader and it's going well but I'd like to try Speakup. Could someone explain where to download Speakup for Ubuntu and how to install it. Does it require compiling? Thank you.

Ok well I think you need to patch the kernal and then compile the kernal
again I think.
Do you know that speakup is just for the terminal?
All instructions and the speakup patches can be found at.
linux-speakup.com

BTW How are you finding ubuntu. What problems are there. Are you dual
booting? Is it pretty accessible?
I know this is a little bit off topic for this thread but I am
considering using ubuntu.
Maybe I should try the livecd...

--
Daniel Dalton