Kernel Upgrade Syndrome

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Oct 20 16:51:53 EDT 2007

Well, probably. But, there are many things in our relationships to
technology--to the realm of stuff in general--that aren't necessarily
the healthiest. Ultimately, qquestions like this are spiritual questions
or, if you prefer, philosophical questions. I suspect you'll find that
interpersonal relationships are more rewarding than accumulations of
things, and you are asking the right questions if you've come to
question your balance around such concerns.

I do think there are good reasons to stay current with kernels and other
package upgrades, within reason of course. I would simply track with my
distribution and leave it at that, unless there's some development
related reason for doing upgrades sooner. This will help you track
security and feature updates. At least the former is certainly valuable.

Just my two cents American, since you asked.

Janina