Pine, exim, and authentication

Christopher Moore christopher.h.moore at verizon.net
Wed Oct 17 21:18:38 EDT 2007

Cheryl,
I found some stuff in the manual under /usr/doc/exim4.
To tell exim4 to allow staright text passwords, I created a
/etc/exim4/exim4.conf.localmacros file containing the following line:
AUTH_CLIENT_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS = 1

They don't advise messing with the template file.
Let us know what kinds of authentication errors you are getting if this
doesn't work.  Also if you can find the email settings for outlook
express, we should be able to determine whether you need ssl
authentication.

Chris