Legacy Serial In A PCI Card?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Oct 1 21:03:34 EDT 2007

Over the past few days I've made a concerted effort to locate a PCI
serial card that could, just possibly, support the hardware synths we
like to use with Speakup. I've found two, only two, that appear as
though they might do the job. Since my current need is for a low-profile
card, I'll probably take a flyer on that one. However, I thought I'd ask
here first. Has anyone any knowledge of either of these two, hopefully,
gems?

1.)	 The single port low-profile card, $49.95, from RAM Electronics -- Can't
seem to find a part number via web:

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/computer_serial-port.html#1

Their phone number is 888.726.2440

2.)	A full-size dual port card, $34.98, by VSCOM, PCI-200-h,  and
available from:

http://www.serialgear.com/2-Port-Serial-PCI-PCI-200H.html

There are lots of specs on line for this one. Both of these claim to be
configurable at legacy addresses i.e., 3f8, 3e8, 2f8, & 2e8.

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina at a11y.org

Chair, Open Accessibility	janina at a11y.org
Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org