get-fed script

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 29 21:09:33 EST 2007

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> That script as written now won't work for a few reasons.  I could modify
> it and shorten it to just download the DVD image but when I tried
> downloading the image using lynx, I got a file system full error about 17%
> into the download.

Lynx uses /tmp to store files, then copies them to your current directory.
Wget, on the other hand, downloads files to the current directory without
using /tmp.  If you have /tmp mounted as tmpfs, that could be your
problem.  Alternatively, if /tmp is part of your root file system, it may
not have the space for a DVD image.  If it was me, I'd definitely use Wget
to download something that big.