Could someone explain the easiest way of installing real player for Ubuntu

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 01:29:06 EST 2007

On 25/11/2007 5:18 PM, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> On 25/11/2007 5:10 PM, Charlie Dorff wrote:
>> Could someone explain the easiest way of installing real player for
>> Ubuntu. Thanks.
>
> Well if it is in the repository then apt-get install package_name
> I guess. To look for it maybe do
> apt-cache search real player

Ah all I had to do was a quick google search and I found this:
http://www.ubuntux.org/how-to-install-the-realplayer-multimedia-player

 From a terminal type:
sudo apt-get install realplayer
then
killall gnome-panel

Apparently The second command refreshes the GNOME panel.

I haven't tried this so I am not sure if it will work. But I would say
it would if it is in the repo. Not sure how the last command works. HTH