speakup modified installation CD

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 9 16:27:06 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Nowak" <greg at romuald.net.eu.org>
>> Is there a good way to prevent the installer from uninstalling the
>> speakup
>> modified kernel?
>
> The way that's worked for me is to leave the minimal install, and just
> bring in whatever packages you need by hand after you boot into the
> system. In other words, not to use the task selection part of the
> installer where you select groups of packages, but to just end the
> install when the installer tells you that you have a minimal system
> installed, and asks you if you want to continue, and install
> additional packages.

Yeah, another thing that works is to run the "Select and install Software"
step and then re-run the base install step. That messes up apt. you have to
manually recreate your sources.list after booting into your new debian
system. Maybe you could re-run the base install and the step to configure
apt as well.