speakup and slackware 12.0 under VMWare

Nick Stockton nstockton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 02:09:54 EST 2007

Hey all,
I was trying to install slackware 12.0 under VMWare using the speakup.s
kernel and ran in to a problem.
I entered speakup.s speakup_synth=ltlk speakup_ser=0 at the prompt and it
started to boot but then all of a sudden it froze.
I don't know what the message that it froze with was but I can probably find
someone to read it to me.
The funny thing is that the default kernel boots just fine with no boot
parameters but the speakup.s kernel freezes when booting even if you don't
use any boot parameters.
If any one has any ideas on what is causing this problem or how to fix it
I'd be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.

Nick