spelling was Re: GRML swspeak?

Doug Smith bdsmith at buncombe.main.nc.us
Tue May 29 10:32:55 EDT 2007

Ok, just a little advice here.  We know that the problem with the
spelling is.  First of allthat it is not the kernel.  Forget about
recompiling kernels.  We should not have to do this when it is not
necessary.  Forget about changes to priorities of processes, that's
bunk.

Let's look at this a little.  It seems to depend on what machine the
thing runs on as to whether or not re-nicing the speechd-up process to
negative 20 or infinity, who really knows, if it will work.  Here it
is.

If the speech-dispatcher and speechd-up people are lerking on this
list, or if they have access at all to any of this, here's what you
need to do.

Test your speechd-up with the preempt on in the kernel like it is
supposed to be.  If the thing spells instead of reads right, fix the
buffering or the way you read from /dev/sftsynth.

I might be able to fix it but I don't have the time nor the desire.  I
have several development paprojects I need to get moving on and I need
to get my web site up, now that I have this new hardwere.  I am not
going to touch it.  Whoever wrote speechd-up and/or speech-dispatcher,
should be the ones to fix the problem.

If you are reading this, please fix the buffering or whatever it might
be in the way speech-dispatcher and/or speechd-up reads from
/dev/sftsynth, and it should be fixed.

Yours most sincerely.

--
I use grml (http://grml.org/)