GRML swspeak?

Jeremy l84ad8r at gmail.com
Sun May 27 21:41:04 EDT 2007

Hope this still goes with this subject. I tried running the newest
grml earlier today, 1.0 in vmware and had a very odd thing happen. I
did get speach, but, it was studdering really bad and had lowd pops
at the start of every word so I could bearly understand anything it
was saying. This happend two times, when I typed grml swspeak at the
boot prompt, it took about 10 seconds, and I got some speach, but, I
could not understand anything it said, and, then, after it finished
booting, I typed swspeak as it says to do in the cheat codes for grml
and I once again had speach. I could not understand this either. As I
said, it has some very lowd hissing pops that almost completely cover
the speach, so, very hard to understand anything. I also noticed that
in the cheat code notes, it said something about a vmware code that I
could use at the prompt, but, I did not understand how to use it. I
have not had any problems getting any other distro to boot with
speach, such as ubuntu using orca, orilux, debian using speakup and
my doubletalk lt, etc. So, maybe I am just doing something wrong, or,
it's something with grml itself? If someone can give me some idea of
what to do to fix it, or, point me to something to read, I would be greatful.