OT: Directory Services and linux

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Sun May 27 18:55:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

Have a few  linux machines running here that I'd like to have running a
directory service to synchronise login information and the like.  I was
just wondering, what's the best directory service to run these days? I
had to take an intro to Unix class for school, and that mentioned NIS,
which I had looked into in the past...though I just read the ORielly
book on that and it seemed to say that NIS should only be used until
newer alternatives became stable, and the book was about 5 years old.
Being able to interoperate with windows hosts would be nice also, though
I'm not holding my breath...
Any help would be apreciated.

--
quit   When the quit statement is read, the  bc  processor
       is  terminated, regardless of where the quit state-