GRML swspeak?

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sun May 27 13:56:40 EDT 2007

I found that I had to wait several seconds after typing "grml swspeak" to press enter; otherwise, I got no speech.  I also found that the speech went character by boring character as it read text that came onto the screen:  I had to use speakup's reading commands to get the reading right.

Can you tell me where the info is on setting up another synth manually?  I'd like to try something other than flite.

Thanks!

Al