Unregular reading when reading the whole screen

Hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Fri May 25 10:51:13 EDT 2007

Hi,
I observed a strange phenomenon: When I read text by pressing the
numpad-plus key, the text is read unregularly: Letters and/or sillables were
omitted - it seems as if the speech have swallowed them - and words get
pulled together in one, although they are written correctly.
Reading line by line does not show this. Checking the text in braille shows
no typos. Especially it happens on webpages (read with w3m), but also in
text editors, but less often.
I use Speakup with Espeak 1.25 via Speech-dispatcher and speechd-up.
Is this known?
Hermann