three hds? is this possible?

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Wed May 23 19:43:04 EDT 2007

Each IDE controler supports up to two devices.  Most machines have 2
controlers, which gives you 4 devices, which can be whatever you
want...cd-rom, hdd, etc.  Another option is to get external drives and
hook them up via USB or IEEE1394.
On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 10:25:31AM
-0600, TheCreator wrote:
> Hello list,
> I read somewhere on google that it was possible to hook 3 hds up to a system with out the raid card.
> It said that you could disconnect the cd drive, and use the IDE cable from that to hook up a hd.
> My problem, is I'm running out of room. I've got like 38gb of music, and other files, and my hd is only 40 gb.
> My idea was to move some folders that are expanding like the music folder to the other hd, and then mount it in media where the normal music folder was, and call it music.
> Any help would be appriciated.
> I tried hooking it up to the ide cable on the cd drive like it told me, and it didn't register it.
> Thanks,
> ~~TheCreator~~

Ok, I'm just uploading the new version of the kernel, v1.3.33, also
known as "the buggiest kernel ever".
	-- Linus Torvalds