TeX

Robin Williams robster3 at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 19:40:00 EDT 2007

Yes, you could indeed use it for producing essays. You can use it to produce
whatever you want, and have complete control over the formatting. I would
think that it's most constructive use would be in the preparation of
scientific documents, which is the purpose for which I use it, but there is
no reason why written essays shouldn't be prepared in LaTeX.
  You will need to decide on an editor in which to write the LaTeX, and get
things set up so that you can compile in to your prefered format. Under
linux Emacspeak is fine for an editor, and there are many shortcuts to
aleviate the typing of what can be fairly complicated expressions.
  If you google for learn latex, the first thing that comes up should be
enough to get you started.

hth
Robin Williams
Mobile: