help with a bash script

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Tue May 22 20:53:12 EDT 2007

Hello guys and gals,

One more question here.  I want to create a bas script for my Dad which does the following:
1 Does apt-get update and when apt-get update gets done it knows that it has been completed successfully.
2.  Do apt-get dist-upgrade and knows when it gets done.
3.  Do an apt-get clean.
Also for those who have more experience than me I have a question too.  Is it wiser for me to run that in a shell console of it's own or just have him run that under gnome terminal.  My goal at the very end is to cron this so this can run at night for him.

Scottat updates can be