Dectalk PC kernel module available

Radical NetSurfer radsurfer at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 15:26:48 EDT 2007

I have been given a test-version of the Dectalk ISA
kernel module source,upgraded to kernel version 2.6.
The official announcement about this release is
expected soon, but I just did not see the point of
keeping it a secret.
What I have is source which has to be compiled. This
requires you have the linux kernel source installed
first, of course. You then use a bash script to enable
recogniztion of the /dev/dtpc0 and to load the dectalk
firmware into the card.
This new kernel 2.6 version of the dectalk module has
been working perfectly for me.
So for those of us still using Pentium 3's with ISA
slots, you can use your dectalk cards if you wish.
According to Maxi-Aids there are 7 of these ISA cards
still available for $24.95 each; with shipping it's
$30.80.

I hope someone finds this information useful.

//Rich//