security precautionswith iptables?

Igor Gueths igueths at lava-net.com
Sun May 20 17:52:51 EDT 2007

Hi. Another idea is putting this in a script:
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
services ports go here
/sbin/iptables -P INPUT DROP
Only apply that policy when you know that all your required ports are open; if not, you may find yourself locked out of your machine, and only console access can fix things again.
Igor