linux still dying;potential errors

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sun May 20 10:30:30 EDT 2007

I am not sure whether disabling dhcp would help.  If you do, then I
would expect that your computer would need to be assigned a static IP
address (perhaps by its own settings).  On Slackware systems, static
IP addresses can be assigned in /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf .

You might be able to increase the lease time from your computer with
some dhcpcd command line options or on your router using whatever
settings that device has.  I believe an option is available for dhcpcd
to request an IP address or request that the lease for the previous IP
address be renewed without assigning a new IP--you will have to look
it up for your particular router and Linux distribution to be sure to
get the settings in the right place(s).  Posting more details about
your system here or looking up the man page for dhcpcd might help
more.

HTH, and have a great day.