main iptables problem solved. was locked out of system

Littlefield, Tyler compgeek13 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 18:40:01 EDT 2007

Hello list,
My main problem has been solved.
As some of you know, when I tried to make a firewall rule, I would get locked out of my system, and I'd have to iptables -F from the console.
I had to allow for 139 and 445 to come through.
just thought I'd share the information. :)
HTH,
BTW, I'm using nmap, but it's only getting TCP ports. I'd like to block all potential udp threats as well as any other ports running that I don't know about that iptables is showing. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,