heretical thoughts was Re: Speakup dropped from Ubuntu

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri May 18 09:57:07 EDT 2007

The big problem here presently is Speakup is locked to the hardware
based addresses for a standard internal serial port.  It has been my
understanding that these USB to serial port converters won't work with
Speakup in its present form.  Until that gets corrected, the software
speech argument stands.

Also, I thought new computers so often come without serial ports that
some day, you wouln't be able to even find one.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!